Friday, August 27, 2010

Grüss Gott!

Grüss gott is German greeting. I’ve been in Europe for a little over a week now and it’s incredible how much I have to tell already! I spent a week in Ireland with my roommates Andrea and Sarah and arrived in Austria on August 22.

A little overview, I’m located in Gaming, Austria – a small town two hours from Vienna. Franciscan University has a campus in a former monastery called the Kartause Maria Thron which housed Carthusian monks who lived there for over 400 years. It serves as our home base. The Kartause is a hotel during summer months and was the first functioning hospital in Europe. We follow a four-day class schedule that includes courses such as history, theology, art history, foreign language, and philosophy. We get the weekends to travel and there are school planned trips such as those to Salzburg, Munich, Poland, Rome and Assisi, and Lourdes.

I'll begin by talking about our time in Austria so far, and talk about Ireland later, since I'm already behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment