Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Salzburg/Munich trip - DAY 3


After Munich, we drove back to Salzburg and stayed our second night in the same hostel as the night before. We drove to St. Michael's in Mondsee for mass at 10am about a half hour west of Salzburg. This church was where the wedding in the Sound of Music took place!
We ate lunch afterward in the town of Mondsee... soup, salad, pork roast, dumpling and ice cream for dessert!
mmm :) we visited the lake where most people went swimming. I didn't want to jump in though so I played frisbee instead. Everyone enjoyed it though, except that it was pretty cold!
Side note: there's a creek at the Kartause in Gaming and it's a Franciscan tradition for students to make frequent "creek jumps." In other words, if you go to Austria, you have to jump in the creek. So against my will, I jumped in. My comment is simply that it was cold and I am content not doing it again. I guess I'm glad I can say I did it though... at least once ;)
Here's a picture of the lake in Mondsee:
Before the lake, Sarah and I stopped in at some shops. Here is the traditional Austrian dress for women. They're called dirndls. so cute :)
And that's the end of our Salzburg and Munich trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment